Well, it may not be a world record...or any kind of record, but I did it! I ran my first 5K today. For those of you who don't know me very well, I have always hated to run. I despised it. I refused to do it. This year though, as one of my yearly goals, I decided I was going to run in the Fifth Third Riverbank Run. Matt has been an avid runner over the past few years, and even ran the Chicago Marathon (but unfortunately is still recovering from knee surgery at this time). I never understood how he could do it, but I thought I'd try it out. I know it's only 3.1 miles...but for me, this was a huge feat. I was a sprinter, not a runner. So I did it and I finished in 30:04 minutes. That's 1971 place out of 4311 runners. Not fast, but I finished! Next goal...the 10K!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
30:04
Well, it may not be a world record...or any kind of record, but I did it! I ran my first 5K today. For those of you who don't know me very well, I have always hated to run. I despised it. I refused to do it. This year though, as one of my yearly goals, I decided I was going to run in the Fifth Third Riverbank Run. Matt has been an avid runner over the past few years, and even ran the Chicago Marathon (but unfortunately is still recovering from knee surgery at this time). I never understood how he could do it, but I thought I'd try it out. I know it's only 3.1 miles...but for me, this was a huge feat. I was a sprinter, not a runner. So I did it and I finished in 30:04 minutes. That's 1971 place out of 4311 runners. Not fast, but I finished! Next goal...the 10K!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah Les! Way to go. I was totally thinking about you today, and wondering if you did it. Great work! Next year... I'm in. I promise.
That is awesome Lesley! I had no idea you were doing it--so proud of you! Good for you!
Good work Leslie!! I also love to read your blog...very entertaining, your kids are just too cute!
GO LES!!!!!! Seriously, that is SO cool!! I'm very proud of you!!!! Honestly, 3.1 miles is a freakin' LONG WAY TO RUN in my mind!!! I couldn't run to the end of my street if I tried....For real, I SUCK at running!
Post a Comment