Monday, September 8, 2008

170 Beats Per Minute

Most of you that read this blog probably already know that I am expecting my third child.  I've been a little blog shy about the issue, because I wasn't quite ready to put it writing.  Well...I feel like it's official now!  I had an appointment today and listened to my baby's heartbeat with extreme joy.  That little heart was beating so fast...170 beats per minute.  I have had a couple of ultrasounds before this as well, but there is just something about getting to this appointment and hearing that heartbeat out loud.  I must say, it is the best sound in the entire world.  On Wednesday, I will be twelve weeks pregnant.  I'm due March 25th, which seems like an entire world away, but I am getting more excited now after this appointment.  After losing a baby, you never quite forget that moment when they couldn't find the heartbeat, so this really does mean the world to me.  I still ask for your prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy!  

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It's a girl!! Glad to hear all went well.

Jen said...

yay!! so glad it went well--march will be here before you know it! :)

The Thompson's said...

Hearing the heartbeat IS the BEST sound in the world! Glad to hear all is well!!

Bethany Boer said...

YEAH!!!!!! So glad to hear everything is going good with Baby H! Oh, and I totally thought girl too for Jake at his 12-week b/c his heartbeat was 172....And it stayed in the 160's the whole time! But he's definitely all boy!