Monday, August 30, 2010

Shiner

Charley fell. I believe she fell on the base of our island. I didn't see exactly where she hit, but when I picked her up, she was bleeding. My initial reaction was to whisk her off to the ER. But within a minute, the bleeding had stopped (and was never really bad in the first place) and she stopped crying. I took her around to the neighbors outside, one of which is a pediatric oncologist and one that is an anesthesiologist. Everyone seemed to say that they thought it was going to be okay. It didn't look very deep. It did look wide though. Looking at the pictures now, I really can't believe I didn't take her, and I pray that it heals up okay. The next morning, I did take her to a eye plastic surgeon at my dad's office, and he said that he thought it would be fine. It wasn't "opening up", and looked more like a gauge than a split. So he said we should wait and give it two months and then do a possible scar revision if necessary. My poor baby. Praying it heals nicely. Never easy to see your baby hurt.

Day One

Day Two

Day Six - Shiner

Looks like a bit of eye shadow


Still happy as a clam

3 comments:

Carrie said...

OMW, Les! I was not picturing it being that bad!!! Poor girl. I can see why you thought maybe you should have gotten stitches. Just make sure you keep sunscreen on it, keep it out of the sun and put vitamin e on it regularly once it closes up.. I think she'll be good. :) Both Taylor and Zach's had this happen, and those things helped the most with both!

Jen said...

oh my word!! Lesley!! That looks so bad...but she looks so happy and cute! That color eye is all the rage these days! :) Glad she seems to be unfazed...hope it heals well!

Rach said...

I'm so glad you posted the last smiling picture....because that would have left me very sad and upset...poor baby.