Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Baby is Three


I really can't believe this.  My baby is three years old.  I am feeling old.  We had a fabulous birthday for Charley this year.  It was an oddly warm March for Michigan, so we had a party outside.  This will probably be the only birthday that Charley will celebrate outside, so we took advantage of it.  She had a blast with all the cousins!  

Charley is quite the little character these days.  She cracks me up most days, but she is also such a handful.  She had started to give up her naps, but she was a bear by 5pm, so I've been laying down with her for 10 minutes and she is usually lights out within that time.  It has helped so much.  She says the funniest things...such as "Mom"...."Yes Charley"..."I'm sticky from my booger"(gross)...and after Molly told me she had a cold, Charley told me she had a hot...and let's not forget when the hairdresser told her she looked like a little princess, Charley said "No, I'm a soccer girl!".  She makes me smile.  She's a wild one though, and I'm hoping she'll be able to use all that energy up in sports.  She seems to enjoy being active and keeps asking me when she can play soccer and baseball.  We're looking forward to seeing her in action.  She still has a girly side too and loves to dress up in her ballet outfit and dance around the room.  She loves to sing to herself and makes up fun songs all the time.  Some days she and Molly are best friends, some days the worst of enemies.  She instigates a lot of the fights around here because she somehow thinks she should always get her way.  Not sure where she gets that from.  ;).  She is such a fun little ball of happy and naughty little pistol all wrapped up into one adorable girl.  What a blessing she is to this family.  We love you Charley girl! 

Trampoline time (even Grammie joined in!)

Pizza time

Shorts and T-shirts in March

Big Sister Mols

Dora Cake

Nona and Charley

Matt with Aunt Bethany and Grammie









1 comment:

the deKorne family said...

All your cute family pictures!!! Happy 3rd birthday to your third little beauty. :) Looks like so much fun and I think it will be warmer for her party than Ava's!!