Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shootin' Hoops

Grant started YMCA basketball last Saturday...just barely.  I missed the deadline and was on a waiting list, but got Grant on a team at the last minute.  Oops.  I still have to work my timing out for these things.  He's playing with some kids that he also played soccer with, so that is nice for him.  I wasn't sure how things would go for basketball, considering we haven't put much emphasis on it around here.  It's mostly soccer and golf, but thought we'd try it out.  I was impressed how quickly he learned to dribble better and he even made a couple of shots.  It's a stop and go game at this age.  Ever time possession of the ball changes, the teams are supposed to stop to let the other team set up on defense.  It's definitely a learning process.  Although, soccer was definitely a higher scoring game at this point. 


I believe this one went in...he's in the blue shorts

 

2 comments:

Jen said...

i love his super cute sports outfit and everything. so fun! chad can't wait for the day....

Rach said...

super cute les! I'm sure he'll be awesome without even trying....kinda like his mama ;)