Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grant is 5!


Today is Grant's actual birthday...December 23rd.  I can't believe that is was five years ago today that the Lord blessed us with a baby boy.  I was induced on my due date because of elevated liver enzymes and about eleven hours later, Grant arrived...at about 3 in the morning.  Matt spent Christmas Eve in the hospital chapel while I watched the service on TV.  We brought home our first child on Christmas Day.  It was a wonderful Christmas present!  And that began our journey of parenthood.  We've had a lot of ups and downs along the way, and we've learned a ton about being parents.  It's been amazing watching Grant change and grow over these past five years, and every day I'm fascinated with the charm and politeness he can display.  Of course, we've also had our frustrations and challenges, but this is still a learning process for us, and I'm sure it will be for some time to come.  He is an awesome little boy, and we thank God every day for the blessing he is to this family.  We love you Goose!  Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

benjamin said...

Happy actual b-day Grant! I can't believe it's been 5 years. Where has the time gone?

benjamin said...

that was carrie above. i don't know why it says Ben.

the deKorne family said...

is he 5 or 21? SO handsome. :)