Not so much a baby boy anymore...Grant turned SIX today! I cannot believe that it has been six whole years since we came home on that Christmas Day with our new baby boy, our firstborn, our best Christmas present ever. I still remember driving home from the hospital with him on Christmas morning, through the snow...pulling off into Walgreens parking lot to get some pain medication...sneaking a quick peek in the backseat to make sure that our baby boy was doing okay...only to see his poor little head completely slumped over into his chest!!! I screeched and jumped back there make sure he was still alive! Obviously he was fine, but I'll tell you this, I thought I was to be the worst mother ever, not even able to keep my new baby safe just on the way home from the hospital!! I rode in the backseat from then on. :) It has been a whirlwind of changes. He is growing up so fast, enjoying kindergarten and tormenting his sister. He'll make you smile and laugh and in an instance make you want to scream. He is a charmer, a joy...and challenge. He loves to build things and make things work, and says he wants to be an artist when he grows up. He's never short of 'I love yous' and gives really good hugs.
Happy Birthday Grantster! We thank God for the gift of you!

Opening gifts at Nona and Papas house

Celebrating all the December birthdays (Dad, Peter, Drew, Ryan, Grant and Stella)

Celebrating at Grammie and Grandpa's House...(Grant and Grammie share the same birthday!)

And one more time at our house...

The birthday boy!
2 comments:
Wow, Les! I knew you guys had some December birthdays, but holy smolly! Is that like half of the family?!?!? Happy Birthday, Grant!
awwww. Happy Birthday Grant! We love you!
Post a Comment