Saturday, March 8, 2008

Confessions of Lesley

So I stole this idea from my friend and fellow blogger Carrie. She always has these fun ideas to waste my time!

1. I have a major sweet tooth. If you know me in the least bit, you know that I always have candy nearby. I used to hide it in my backpack in school, and it's always around my house in jars and cupboards. Recently it has moved more towards chocolate, but usually anything gummy and sweet will suffice.

2. I secretly enjoy B-movies. Before I had children, it was a great Saturday morning and afternoon if I was laying on the couch, watching a horribly produced, bad acting, B-movie. Don't ask me why, but I thoroughly enjoy this. I think I picked it up from my dad...liking the bad movies...not the laying on the couch part. Since having children, laying on the couch is not really an option anymore, so it's been a while.

3. One of my eyes is smaller than the other. Please don't stare now. Actually, I think my smile is crooked and it makes one of my eyes close more than the other, but my sister is continually crept out by my "small eye".

4. Paper is an obsession of mine. Since I was little, I have been slightly obsessed with paper...all kinds. I have journals stashed everywhere, without anything written in them. I think this is why I got into making cards, because I get to use all sorts of paper. I used to buy post-it notes in bulk!

5. I am getting better, but I will admit that I'm a bit of a pack rat. I have just a small problem of throwing things away (such as those journals upon journals I'm storing away for a rainy day).

6. I hate spending money. It hurts me to spend money. It has taken me a long time to loosen up on this part of my personality, but I'm working on it. Yes, I'm cheap. I would rather sock it all away in the bank than spend it. It is a good balance in my family though.

7. I, unfortunately, am a worry-wart. I tend to look at things as "glass half-empty". It is something that I know about myself, and have tried to fix...I'm still working on it.

8. I like my handwriting. I really do. I love to write things out with the perfect pen. I'm sure this has to do with my love of paper.

9. My favorite thing to do is sing with my husband Matt on the praise team at our church. It gives me great joy to praise God with my best friend and the love of my life at my side.

10. I am amazed still how much I love my children. Before I was a mom, I knew that I would love my kids someday, but I never knew that they could fill my heart with such warmth and happiness.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nice work Les! BTW, Jen is working on starting a blog. :)