Recently, at Grant's five year check-up, we learned that Grant had less than perfect eyesight. Apparantly, he actually has somewhat of a lazy eye. There is some big name for it that my dad can explain to you, but from my understanding, it pretty much means that the eyes are not focusing at the same rate or degree...or something. So Grant was prescribed glasses. Hopefully the glasses will help the eyes learn to focus the same and this will be a short term thing, perhaps just a couple of years. I believe the glasses are to help the eye that is kind of a lazy bum to start working a little bit harder. We've never noticed anything that would lead us to this conclusion, so hopefully we are not too late and this can be corrected. I guess if you hit seven, its too late. The only thing I ever saw was him crossing his eyes a lot as an infant, and I thought (or was told by his pediatrician) that that was normal. Apparantly not. So here he is, my little man with glasses. Be sure to tell him how handsome he looks the next time you see him!
4 comments:
OMW Les, He looks SOOOOO cute in those glasses!!! Like such a studious little bubbs, I love it!!! :)
Grant you look so handsome!!!!!!!! :) He really does look so cute! Not sure what the comment protocol is when I read the post in front of you-but just for verification: adorable.
aaaaghh! Grant!! What a handsome guy...but the glasses did not accomplish this. For the record...only the coolest people have slightly lazy eyes....especially if is the left eye and gets really "lazy" when you become tired. ;o)
Grant--what a stud in your new glasses! I love them!
Post a Comment