Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Big Belly! (36 Weeks)

Four weeks to go!  Today I'm 36 weeks pregnant and due one month from today!!!!  Yay!  And as you can see from the picture, I have one enormous belly.  I'm getting a lot of "wows" and "you look like you're gonna pop", oh and don't forget "are you sure it's just one in there?".  Why are people so dumb sometimes?  Do you really think that I want to hear these things?  Do you really think that I don't know how big my belly is that you need to comment on it? Anyways...things seem to be going well, and we've only had one minor bump in the road.  Monday I had my appointment and my blood pressure was quite high (which is very odd for me).  So in addition to that, I was also having some strange chest pains and headaches, and I have had high liver enzymes in the past.  So they sent me to OB triage to get checked for Preeclampsia.  Thankfully, all the tests came back normal and they sent me home.  Not sure I was quite ready to give birth that day, but I wouldn't have complained about being done being pregnant.  Too bad I didn't get another ultrasound to confirm this baby is actually a girl.  I guess I should start getting ready for the arrival of this little one!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

You look awesome! Pay no attention to those obnoxious people. :) Can't wait to meet this new baby!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh--you look SO good Lesley! I can't believe how small your belly looks...well, for being as far as you are! :) Seriously, you look great and I'm so excited for you!

Sandy said...

Seriously, Les...if I looked like you do at 36 weeks, I'd have five kids. You look incredible!!! Yes, the belly grows, but if it didn't that would be cause for worry, right? Just think...4 more weeks, and you can burn the maternity clothes....home stretch!

Rach said...

ok, you are so not allowed to post NON-large belly pictures & complain about looking large. The green shirt is CLEARLY loose on the bottom & you have tons of extra fabric bunched in the back....nice try. You might FEEL big....I'll give you that, but you are not ACTUALLY big...there is a significant difference. Plus, I'm sure you'll lose the weight & then some in just 8 weeks just like you did with Molly. You are easily one of the cutest pregnant people I know. 4 more weeks, you can do it & my cookies will help you. ;)