Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Scratchy Ny-Ny

Molly has a Ny-Ny...it is a green fuzzy frog mini-blanket. She has had it since she was a baby and sleeps with it EVERY night. She sucks two fingers and holds it up to her nose. I try to keep it contained to the crib, but that doesn't seem to go so well. Somewhere along the way, I purchased three more ny-nys, in case we misplaced ny-ny somewhere along the way...then we'd have backups. For a while she didn't seem to notice that original ny-ny had different colored eyes than the other three, and I would rotate all of them. I'm not sure when it happened, but all of the sudden she started to prefer the original one over the other three. I thought it was the eyes. A couple of months of ago, she kept saying "no...not that ny-ny...scratchy ny-ny"...which I soon figured out was the original one. It took me a while to figure out why this is now 'scratchy ny-ny' and not just ny-ny. Yep, it's so gross and dirty and stained all the time, that it has become scratchy ny-ny. It is such a task to get it away from her to get it into the laundry. I had successfully snuck it into the washer, but she wanted it while it was still wet, so taking pictures was the only that it would work this time around to get it into the dryer. Take a look:


Scratchy ny-ny going in...


I can do this...


I think...


Now I'm sad...


Ahhh...all better now.

PS - Charley has a pink bunny too, and she thinks its hilarious to steal Molly's from her when she is not looking.

4 comments:

Rach said...

awwww....the sad Molly picture is so sad!! I hope she didn't have to wait too long. Seriously, how can you ever say "no" to that face?

Carrie said...

These are some great posts, Les. I can totally relate to this.. because my children love their nasty, stained, crusty, na-nee's or na-na's as they call them. Love that MOlly girl.

Sandy said...

Les, I love that sad face...makes the heart melt! She is just too cute!

Jen said...

so cute...maybe syd will have her own "scratchy ny-ny" now thanks to you guys! :)