Charley is almost seven months now, so I thought I'd try to do an update from her six month appointment. Of course, I can't find the stats sheet from the doctor so I'm gonna wing it. Here's what's up with Miss Charlotte lately:
- She only grew 11 ounces from her previous appointment so I think that makes her about 14 1/2 pounds. This was a bit of a concern to the doctor, as I had mentioned that she is also super spitty and that I didn't have a huge milk supply. So a couple of things have changed. Now after her third and fourth feeding, I give her an extra 4 ounces of formula. She is much happier and I do feel like she has filled out some. Also, we just had her in for an Upper GI test this morning to make sure that nothing was twisted in her anatomy and that is was allowing all food to get to the right place and digest. They said it all looked normal. The doctor had also prescribed her Zantac but I have yet to fill that prescription. She is still mostly in 3-6 month clothing, which is actually working out okay with the clothing I have from Molly.
- She was still above average for height, but definitely slowing down.
- She eats baby cereal and baby food for three meals a day. And now her spit up is destroying any outfit I put her in, so unless we are going somewhere, she is usually dressed in the ugliest or oldest or grossest outfit I have. She is just a big mess by the end of the day (and so am I usually).
- She is army crawling everywhere! So obviously things are getting a little bit busier around here. She will get up on all fours and lunge forward also, but usually can get to where she wants to go by pulling herself along with her arms.
- She can sit very well, although won't for long, as she likes check everything out.
- She is LOUD. I swear she yells all day long. Our new house has wood floors, and I think that she just likes to hear her own voice echo throughout the house. I am constantly asking her to quiet down...which just makes her laugh.
- She laughs and smiles with her eyes. I know I have said it before, but she is so happy. She always brightens my day. She squints her eyes tight up and give the gummiest smiles. It's the best!
- No teeth yet.
- Sleeps two to three naps a day and usually goes to bed at 8ish and up at 7ish. I am pretty sure she wakes up every night between 3 and 5, and just talks to herself in her crib for a half hour or so. I just let her be.
- Her hair is starting to come in and it looks pretty straight to me, so we'll see how that goes.
- She gives high fives...kind of.
- She loves her exersaucer.
She has been such a blessing to this family, and we are so thankful that she is healthy and happy. I have to admit that I am kind of sad that each time we pass through a phase, I realize that it will probably be the last time I'll deal with 'that', whatever 'that' may be. I almost feel like I am slowly being let go from a job. That my duties are not needed as much anymore. I don't know how I feel about that. I love being a mom to Charley, as well as to Grant and Molly. It's the best job in the world!
2 comments:
Cute! You are right, she does smile with her whole face! SUch a pretty girl. They are lucky to have you for a mom!
Oh, she is so gorgeous. I know you've heard this 1 million times, but you and Matt make some seriously BEAUTIFUL kids!!!!!!!!!!! I think she looks alot like Molly in the second pic! Hope to see you guys soon! When's the housewarming party?! :)
Post a Comment