Every year we get so excited for Fall, because that means Robinette's! And Robinette's means donuts and cider! We were trying to hold out for a nice Fall day, but settled for a cold and cloudy one instead. We also threw around the idea of trying a different orchard, Klackles, but decided it was a lot further away and not a nice enough day to make the trip. So we spent our time as usual at Robinette's...waiting in line. The line for donuts and cider on Saturday is simply absurd...but so worth it. I won't even tell you how many pumpkin spice donuts we had (Matt had FIVE!!) Instead of waiting in another long line for the hayride this year, we decided to try out the new corn maze, which I thought was going to be simple. Well, I was WAY wrong. I was almost scared that we'd never get out! My kids were pooped. Poor Molly said about halfway through..."Molly can't walk by myself no more..." So sweet. We finally tag teamed with some other people and found our way out. We were all exhausted, especially with Molly on Matt's shoulders and Charley in the Bjorn. Whew! Had to walk off the donuts anyways. Always a fun tradition though. Hoping for a nicer day next year.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Robinette's 2009
Every year we get so excited for Fall, because that means Robinette's! And Robinette's means donuts and cider! We were trying to hold out for a nice Fall day, but settled for a cold and cloudy one instead. We also threw around the idea of trying a different orchard, Klackles, but decided it was a lot further away and not a nice enough day to make the trip. So we spent our time as usual at Robinette's...waiting in line. The line for donuts and cider on Saturday is simply absurd...but so worth it. I won't even tell you how many pumpkin spice donuts we had (Matt had FIVE!!) Instead of waiting in another long line for the hayride this year, we decided to try out the new corn maze, which I thought was going to be simple. Well, I was WAY wrong. I was almost scared that we'd never get out! My kids were pooped. Poor Molly said about halfway through..."Molly can't walk by myself no more..." So sweet. We finally tag teamed with some other people and found our way out. We were all exhausted, especially with Molly on Matt's shoulders and Charley in the Bjorn. Whew! Had to walk off the donuts anyways. Always a fun tradition though. Hoping for a nicer day next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment